Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW Practical Extractor

vtecpaoche

Has anyone used the EGW Practical Extractor and does anyone have any feedback on it?

They discontinued their regular one so the options are the new practical and the HD one. I'm considering picking up one of these but wanted to get some feedback before placing an order.

FWIW, I was down at EGW a couple of months ago (they're 20 minutes away) where I handled one of these new style extractors and talked with the guys about it. The advantge it has over the standard offering is that it's shorter which means you'll have an easier time fitting it. Most extractors are too long and will contact the case bevel. This one is the same length as their heavy duty version.

I didn't buy one as I have a lot of experience with the heavy duty version and just didn't feel like venturing off the path.

However, I would have no problem putting one in any 1911. EGW makes really good stuff and their customer service is top notch. If you have a few minutes, I'd recommend you give them a call and ask them about this extractor. They are extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

I have been happy with every EGW part I've bought. they aren't always the prettiest (though some of their new stuff is looking super nice) but quality and function have always been top notch.

As Steve suggested perhaps give them a ring. I'm sure if you tell them your gun model and what you use it for they could recommend which extractor would suit your needs.