Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you guys think about 135g 1.093 OAL in Glock 34?

1eyedfatman

I loaded up some Cimarron bullets 135g RN with 1.093 OAL and 3.2g of Titegroup for a CZ which requires a short bullet. I normally run Cimarron 147g 1.125-1.145 in my G34 and I've seen lots of others go with OAL ranging from 1.135-1.15. Cimarron bullets are just like the coated Bayou bullets of the same weight. I do run a KKM barrel in my G34 but my G19 has a stock barrel. All my Glocks are gen 4.

Anybody have experience running bullets this short in a Glock and what did you think? Any malfunctions, feeding issues or accuracy problems? I had a few of the 135g's left after my CZ chrono session so I fired them out of my G34 and I thought they felt pretty good. Unfortunately, I didn't chrono or test accuracy and I didn't fire enough to see if malfunctions would be an issue.

I routinely load BBIs this short. It's the only way I can get them to consistently pass the plunk test in my G34. I can report 0 malfunctions. With regards to accuracy...I never shoot off a bench and I don't have a ransom so I can't give you a definitive answer. However, in competition I don't see a difference. Take that for what it's worth. Which ain't much.

Hope that helps.

I used to load 135gr Bayous to 1.140 for my G34, and they were very accurate. I loaded a few hundred at 1.150, and they all passed the plunk test, but accuracy fell off a little. I don't think you will have any feeding issues, but Glocks tend to be a little more accurate with a longer COL.