Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC SP01 Target Shadow- losing/lost DA

oteroman

The other day at the range with hammer down I pulled the trigger and the hammer moved just a bit then whatever grabs the hammer lost it's connection and hammer fell back down and trigger came back with no resistance. it worked ok once or twice out of 15 pulls, now I have no movement of the hammer while trying to execute a DA trigger pull.

SA works fine....

Stuart did the trigger job a few years ago but the gun has low round count since the trigger job, maybe 5K possibly 10K but doubtful. This has been only a range toy.

I have never pulled the sear cage but I am cabable (done Apex triggers on M&P's, and trigger jobs on 1911's).

I would like to fix the long pretravel ant the same time I fix this issue... I hope I don't lose my 2lb SA/5.1 DA

(Same springs in it that Stuart put in)....

Guys what is the suspect part? Hammer?

Check to see if the screw holding the trigger bar spring has come loose (big screw directly at the top of the front strap inside). Mine does that quite a bit. With the slide open or off, look at the two spring arms that sit below the trigger bars on each side... That's the spring that's coming loose or popping out from under the trigger bars.

I've tried lock titing that screw down but it still finds its way loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk