Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Teams Within A Match

I have been considering teams for the MS 3-gun match and would like your input...Go or no Go!!!

What I have in mind is everyone send their individual application in as Usuall,

if wanting to shoot as a team make sure that request is on the application along with team members (A team will consist of 1 limited, 1 tactical and 1 open shooter).

Individual results will be as always and team results will be the combined score of all 3 members.

normal entry fees for individual shooters and another 50 bucks per member for the team with that money going back as prize money to team competition only!

What do you folks think???

all input good or bad welcome!!!!

SAM KEEN MS 3-gun MD (sucker)

Sam,

I really like the team idea. Kind of brings a Sportsman Challenge twist into it. I like the combined by division stuff rather than trying to take one shooter's shotgun stages, one shooter's rifle stages, etc. It will make it easier to field competitive teams. Sorry that you got suckered into running another one but I can't think of anyone better suited to do it. Happy Easter to ya.

John

I like it. It can't hurt, any non-participants will not be affected. It should be fun. Look for it to be more popular the second time around, but talk it up and advertise it for best results. Maybe three really nice prizes for the winning team paid for by the additional $50 entries?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7878&hl=

Hop,

I brought something like this up a long time ago. I never figured out the answer but I've put some thought to it if I can be of any help.

I've always thought teams would be good in IPSC but figuring the scoring seems to be the biggest problem.

Smitty

Hop,

We are doing a "3-Gun team thing" @ Mid TN for the rest of this year. Sounds like something you want to do for the MS 3-gun.

Have you been lookin @ the Mid Tn web site??? There is some info for teams there.

We are looking to get some new 3-guners hooked up with some seasoned ones to share tips and safety ideas.

I like the idea of teams. FWIW