Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C more serendipity to slide ride

Open1215

Hello all. I've just finished my 1st slide ride conversion. I really like it. I think it turned out wonderful. d8c74763307fd2db9374803d2c33ed2e.jpga87d1f82cff5c537f4c90e8854c67905.jpg

Black one was a factory conversion "or sold as one"

I think the gray one was smoother finish. I dig it. It was not anywhere near as complicated as I was thinking it would be.

I like to drill (.201" dia) out the two recesses just in front of the battery and tap the mount for the two extra screws, for a total of 4 mounting screws.

I had to do that for a mount that had stripped threads in the rear mounting hole. After doing that, the scope returned to zero much better if I had to dismount it, so I've been doing to my C-mores ever since.

I used a hacksaw and cut then went and sanded down flush.

Single sided mount work very well for 9 major as well as for use in 90 mount as well.

I was planning on doing this for use with a 90 mount. Someone here wanted a slide ride for a burris fastfire 3 so I did the conversion and just mailed it to him today. I have a black one on my svi with a click switch, I think I will do this to and go with a 90 mount here too.

Edited by Open1215

• 3 years later...