Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VersaMax Competition Tactical tube extension.

YVK

I have a stock VersaMax Comp Tactical shotgun that came with a +2 carbon fiber extension, for a total tube capacity of 10. I would like to increase the tube capacity to 12. What extensions will work for that purpose and do I need a different spring?

Thanks.

No you want the factory one piece tube and by adding the +4 you get to 12 and don't have to run a barrel clamp etc... The one piece tube is much stronger than the older tactical models that ran extensions, then you could play with different extensions but needed a barrel clamp to sturdy it all up. I run the factory 1 piece tube and a +4 Nordic extension that gives me 12 in the tube, no clamp and a full length Nordic spring. The springs are much more critical as the tubes get longer, I found this out the hard way as I trimmed my spring to the usual 12 inches past the end of the tube but after just a little loading practice and a couple hundred rounds of live fire practice I started having feeding issues, turned out that the spring had compressed down to about 7 inches past the tube. Threw in a new full length spring and never had another issue, I would change springs more often if you are going to run a 12 round tube also.

• 4 years later...