Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load info needed: SNS 125RN and Titegroup

saibot

Experts-

I'm out of Solo and now have Titegroup and SNS 125RN bullets. Can anyone share a good load using TG and 125 coated bullets with me? This is for a factory G34 and USPSA Production.

Bonus info, OAL or other details/pitfalls welcome!

Thanks as always!

Great info! Thanks guys. I think I'll aim for 3.7 and work up a few rounds below and above to see what the chrono shows.

Any bullet seating depth considerations? I see 1.15 and 1.125 often used and was wondering if this just functions well or if there were other reasons like accuracy or felt recoil, etc. In the past I kept to a certain length because of my magazine limitations and feeding reliability, but thought I'd ask the experts.

(Soooo much easier than rifle rounds since that makes a huge difference in accuracy. Jumping/jamming lands, not an issue with a Glock because of magazine limits.)
:)

Thank again!

Just to circle back and let you all know how it went. I'm going forward with the following load:

SNS 125 RN coated bullet.

3.675 of Titegroup

CCI 500 primer

OAL is 1.150

Light crimp from LFCD

1049 Avg FPS

SD is 12

Power Factor is 131

It feels softer than my 147 load and doesn't seem to smoke like some people have experienced.

Thanks all for the help!

Just to circle back and let you all know how it went. I'm going forward with the following load:

3.675 of Titegroup

You guys sure are precise with your powder throws.

3.675 of Titegroup

You guys sure are precise with your powder throws.

Hahah...ya that seems a bit extreme, eh?

As a sanity/safety check I will perform a bunch of throws after each adjustment and measure them until they settle out and stabilize, then put 4 on the scale and divide them by 4 to get a more accurate recording for my log book, hence the 3.675 number. I did at least round off the least significant bits from my Power Factor which was actually 131.125.

;)

Softest load isn't always the most accurate. I work up past what I need for minimum for power factor and try them at various distances to determine accuracy. For me, 4.2 grains over a 124g hp seem to be the most accurate.

Great point. The hotter rounds do tend to give my Glock better groups, which I'm guessing is due to better/more consistent lock up. I've done some experimenting with this in the past and have found some guns are more sensitive to this than others. Funny that the super tight/fitted guns like high end 1911/2011's seem the most sensitive to this, mainly on the first shot since the lockup is not the same. Explained why the first shot was always off from the rest of the shots. Glocks are, well...let's say built with more forgiving tolerances, and while super reliable, have a tendency to react differently to more/less energy in the lock up process.

And if you guys think I'm over the top with my pistol loads....well, you should see my process for my long range precision rifle.

:)