Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA in Ohio

LM2032

Hi all,

Name here is Lonnie. I generally shoot at Pickaway in Circleville, OH and Briar Rabbit in Zanesville, OH.

I've been shooting and competing for years in different aspects of the shooting sports. I enjoy USPSA and Steel Challenge, as well as Skeet, Sporting Clays, and precision rifle. I'm planning on trying multigun next season. I'm into reloading, NFA hardware and gunsmithing. I do a large majority of my own work on my gear.

This is my first season in USPSA and it's definately an awesome time! I've learned a lot in the first handful of matches and have met some great people.

As of last weekend, I got my first classifications. C in Revolver and D in Limited. I generally shoot the matches well, typically landing in the top five for the division I'm shooting in, but I tend to try too hard on the classifiers and screw them up.

I am interested in all divisions except single stack and production optics. My intent is to get classified as at least 'C' in my divisions of interest and then go back and work on further improvements depending on where I'm having the most fun at the time.

Here's the equipment list relative to USPSA:

Production: SIg P320 9mm

Limited, Limited 10 Primary: CZ Tactical sport 40

Limited, Limited 10 Backup: CZ Tactical sport 9mm

Revolver: S&W 929

Open: CZ Czechmate (currently enroute from the factory)

Since you mentioned precision rifle ....... There is a long range rifle match next weekend at Rayner's Range. Steel plates from 235 out to 1,000 yards. It's the last rifle match for the year other than the Sniper Challenge.