Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel challenge practice

Pasley

BJ told me this last year. If they put in a new stage he says he needs 5k rounds on it to perfect it...

I can scarcely imagine what it must take to get to BJ's level of proficiency with the Steel Challenge stages. He and the others at the top of this game are hitting the targets literally faster than the average person can snap their eyes from target to target just standing there and looking.

Yep, especially noteworthy this year was Max's Production run on Smoke and Hope a sizzling 6.38. Think about it......he averaged 1.55 seconds per string . With a plastic striker fired gun :surprise:

Sad part is that his 6.38 won't count towards a SCSA world record since US Steel Nats doesn't turn scores in to SCSA. Sucks for Max. :huh:

BJ told me this last year. If they put in a new stage he says he needs 5k rounds on it to perfect it...

I can scarcely imagine what it must take to get to BJ's level of proficiency with the Steel Challenge stages. He and the others at the top of this game are hitting the targets literally faster than the average person can snap their eyes from target to target just standing there and looking.

Yep, especially noteworthy this year was Max's Production run on Smoke and Hope a sizzling 6.38. Think about it......he averaged 1.55 seconds per string . With a plastic striker fired gun :surprise:

Sad part is that his 6.38 won't count towards a SCSA world record since US Steel Nats doesn't turn scores in to SCSA. Sucks for Max. :huh:

....and yet the goofiest part is that Volusia County Gun Club turns their monthly Steel match scores in to SCSA......but not a National Championship ?!?!?

Sorry, a bit off topic for "Steel Practice"

Edited by scottlep

It's a convenient place to rant however. From limited research it looks like BJ lost a new record in OL plus a new overall record for Limited.

Of course the top guys know they will likely do it again so maybe a well run match is worth spending the time even unsanctioned.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

As good as anyplace to rant. After doing a little research it looks like BJ lost a new record in OL and a new overall record in Limited. Maybe they just figure they are good enough to do it again sometime.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Remember, the US Steel Shoot & the local match actually have nothing to do with eachother .... The owner of Volusia owns US Steel Shoot but I don't know why he doesn't run it as a sanctioned match ...

Heck, 1.8 second runs on Smoke and Hope are pretty dang respectable, especially if you can do it consistently!

I can pull off sub 2.00 runs on occasion (like 1.95ish), which always makes me feel like a stud...but I certainly don't have the chops to do it consistently coming out of a holster. I saw that Mr. Max Michel ran a 6.86 with a production gun! Holy cow! I'm guessing it was a Sig, anybody know what production gun he ran?

I've been running smoke & hope, showdown & roundabout at 7.5 -7.9 since Dec but that's a long way from sub 7 times ...

I have reminded Mike more than once about the Nationals being an outlaw match. I plan to remind him as often as necessary to get things resolved and the match be a true national match. You guys that shot it PLEASE email your Area Director and let him know you are fed up with it being an outlaw match. Perhaps in 2017 it will be sanctioned but we need to be the squeaky wheel on this one. I can only bitch about it so much.

Heck, 1.8 second runs on Smoke and Hope are pretty dang respectable, especially if you can do it consistently!

I can pull off sub 2.00 runs on occasion (like 1.95ish), which always makes me feel like a stud...but I certainly don't have the chops to do it consistently coming out of a holster. I saw that Mr. Max Michel ran a 6.86 with a production gun! Holy cow! I'm guessing it was a Sig, anybody know what production gun he ran?

I've been running smoke & hope, showdown & roundabout at 7.5 -7.9 since Dec but that's a long way from sub 7 times ...

I didn't catch the "shot on Friday" comment. I might be confused as I was talking about centerfire. So, are those times you're running centerfire or rimfire?