Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Info on STI Marauder double stack 9mm

ghost21

Just asking the same question again!

Has anyone shot or do you have an STI marauder 2011 pistol?

I would like to know if anyone has one, can tell me how well it shots ,of any problems with it! Just general info on the gun.

I have a chance to buy one .The price on it is 2k after tax. I have looked at the pistol 3 times now and as far as I can tell , this is a new pistol.

I cant se any flaws at all on the pistol inside or out! baring taking the gun apart, which I don't think the LGS will let me do that for inspection. But as far as I can tell by looking over the gun it is NIB Come with 1 140mm mag.

Some have asked do they still make this pistol, STI does show it on their website.

Just wanting to get a little info before I take the plunge

Thanks

Jeff

I shoot a 9mm Eagle, pretty much the same gun, except for the light rail and finish. They are good guns, most need the triggers tweaked for a real clean trigger. Like all 1911 type guns they need to be cleaned and lubed regularly, I keep a couple extra sets of springs on hand for my Eagle and replace them yearly. The price sounds pretty good.

The Eagle and Marauder look very similar. What's the main differences?

Finish, Eagles are blued. Also the Marauder has a light rail, tactical mag funnel and has a 140 mm mag. The Eagle comes with a 126 mm mag.

Before I would buy a Marauder for 3 gun I would look a one of Dawson's 3 gun 2011s. Unless I really needed a light rail.

I have about 350 rounds through my STI Hex Tac, which is a Marauder clone but with hex slide cuts and an FDE cerakote finish. I have had several FTF's with several different mags. The trigger is also quite inconsistent, as sometimes it's smooth as glass and other times you really have to give a hard tug/pull. She's clean and oiled with the factory oil, so I'm calling STI tomorrow.