Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's Talk About Shooting

Gun Geek

Just got tired of all the talk about the philosophy behind the new rules.

Shot my first match last weekend with my adjusted gear and new approach.

My holster is a threat solutions IWB and it is fantastic. Just a little slower than my Galco paddle, but very useful as a carry holster.

Switched over to a Glock from a 1911 (see the threads by Flyn40) about his Ohio CCW. Used a 9mm (34). I will eventually switch to my real carry iron (plastic), a 36 (45ACP).

Also started shooting left handed. I'm left eye dominant (and grew up chasing my LH older brother), so I'm almost Ambi.

It all worked pretty well! I can tell I need to keep practicing, but I don't feel like I'm completely a noob again.

I also brought a new shooter to the sport. His reaction was pretty much the same as mine was a couple of years ago - "wow, I feel like a total idiot trying to carry and using a gun for defense"

A new season begins...

Cool! I almost feel like missionary spreading the word about USPSA and IDPA. It is a neat feeling bringing new people into the sport and I feed off of their and my enthusiasum.

Good luck with the new technique.

[

Once you go black, you never go back!

Oh, I don't know about that. I bought a model 21 once. Sold it. I just prefer the 1911 format.

But on another note I brought a friend to his first match Sunday. He was just going to watch. We signed him up on the second stage and he shot the rest of the match with a big grin....

I know, dude. I am finally getting that Caspian adjustable rear put on my 1911 with a Dawson FO front, I can't wait. I still love the Glocks, though. I am trying to get a G34 that is set up for open type stuff.

My holster is a threat solutions IWB and it is fantastic. Just a little slower than my Galco paddle, but very useful as a carry holster.

Actually, I just got through doing a review of the Threat Solutions Ultra Concealment Rig for Concealed Carry Magazine. I met the owner of Threat Solutions - himself a Grand Master USPSA shooter - when I attended a class with Matt Burkett in Arizona. After watching him do a few sub-1 second draws from concealment - with an inside the waistband holster - I was very impressed both with him and his holster design.

Switched over to a Glock from a 1911 (see the threads by Flyn40) about his Ohio CCW. Used a 9mm (34). I will eventually switch to my real carry iron (plastic), a 36 (45ACP).

Recently switched over from a 1911 to a Glock 34 for both carry and match use, myself. Must be something in the air....

• 3 weeks later...

Well Talking of shooting :) , This year I have shot the Ark Winter classic, And Lousiana State match so far. The next few will be The Badlands, Then Arkansas State at CASA. Then its descide what to shoot at the nationals and practice practice practice :huh: ...........now back to reloading....

\

And try to fit in one 3 gun event sectional in before nationals :P :

Frederick Haring