Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do y'all think?

Bigbadaboom

This has been one of my favorite builds. I'm building this as a USPSA Limited gun for Jeff DeGracia. I started with a .40 cal Performance Center C.O.R.E.. We ordered a KKM 5.5" non-ported Barrel, SSS brass magwell, an Aftek short reset flat trigger kit (I can get my factory part modified triggers shorter but that's what Jeff wanted and that flat trigger is nice), a tungsten guide rod and Dawson C.O.R.E. replacement sights. We got 5 TTI brass 141mm base pads and extended springs. I performed my +1 follower modification to the followers so all mags hold 20 rounds re loadable.

I got with the guys at Trident Weaponry and they applied Micro Slick Cerakote to the inside of the slide, outside of the barrel, inside the magwell and inside and outside of the magazine tubes. They then sprayed the slide and outside of the magwell in their custom "Burnt Red" Cerakote finish.

We then took it to Veteran owned and operated Tactical Etching for all the personal touches.

The results speak for themselves. Monday I reassemble and test shoot it. I'll post some completed gun pics.

post-180-0-31695600-1442721207_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-39823900-1442721225_thumb.png

post-180-0-45634300-1442721238_thumb.jpg

Nice rig!

Can you explain what your "+1 follower modification" entails. I also use TTI base pads and extended springs and also get 20 rounds reloadable. What special do you do to the followers? Thanks, Adam.

This is how you cut the follower. What I do in order to make them 100% reliable and tilt free with the extended springs is a trade secret.

post-180-0-32740400-1442795180_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...