Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet designs

chetc

recently been shooting my 1911;s, my load was 4.2 titegroup with 3 different 200gr type bullets, coated round nose of 2 different brands and the SWC plain lead, the accurracy is excellent with the SWC design. so i never tried for example 125gr plain lead SWC bullets in my 9mm auto's, was looking at Missouri Bullet company, they have a 128gr 9mm plain lead SWC the design is the H&G clone, this is the bullet design that works in my 45's, any other companies offer a 9mm SWC design, are they more accurate than the typical RN designs or not, are they worth a try, will i have much feeding issues ect. anyone have much experience with 9mm SWC.

Chet

I think it depends on the gun. Anything under 2 inches at 25-yards is more than enough for any action pistol game (even ICORE). I can get that in my 9mm M&Ps with a 147 Xtreme plated RN. Jacketed & plated are much cleaner than cast lead, and in Florida humidity I don't have to deal with the smoke from the bullet lube. A RN profile also eliminates any possible SWC feed issues.

I have shot a ton of the 100gr SWC from Ibejihead out of my XDM 5.25. They feed and function perfectly in that gun. I have also used the Missouri Bullet company 125gr SWC, and have used the Bayou Bullets 150gr SWC, they all function fine out of my XDM as well. I love the big nice hole they punch in cardboard. The most accurate bullet I shoot out of my XDM is a Precision Delta or Hornady HAP 124gr JHP. Next would probably be the SWC's but 147gr FP style bullets shoot very well also. I have never shot a 9mm 1911 so cant tell you about the reliability there.CFC6EBCC-F34C-4A70-9E6F-588F651ECBD4.jpg