Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vice Prez at 15

dirtypool40

OK, first defining the drill.

15 yards, facing targets, hands relaxed. EL PREZ array of three targets three feet apart. IDPAer's you don't need covering garmet.

Draw shoot two rounds (ONLY) per target, make mandatory reload and two more rounds (only) per target.

I will post threads on this drill at 10, 15 and 25. I'm look for data for myself and a chance to compare to you hosers back in the world.

So, to that end:

please only post runs that were 90% of the points or better

Please include gear and class.

If you have it or remember it, please include draw and reload times. Also observations on times for splits vs. transitions are always appreciated.

Try to make it a real do-able average, not a once in a lifetime best ever run.

Yeah, I know it sounds like I am writing an article, but I am not, just trying to get enough info to draw some meaningful conclusions.

OK, I'll start you off.

Limited / Standard "M"

Usually I break 5.0 on this one. A good run is about 4.75 down five. Draw runs around 1.20, reload about the same. I tend to find a smooth rythm here, as the targets "look" closer together here. I'd like to get this average down to around 4.50 w/ 90%.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got out and shot some fresh times on this.

4.57 / 56 points (with a delta <_< )

and a 4.40 / 52

Draws were pretty quick for me at 15y, hovering between a best of .91 and a "slow" of about 1.15. Averaing about 1.05.

Reloads were right in line, as fast as .96 but averaging about 1.07 on a solid run.

I went all out a couple of times and had some runs right down around 4.0, and broke 4.0 a couple times. There were not, however, the appropriate number of holes. :unsure:

Based on those numbers (1 sec draw, 1 sec reload) It seems very doable though, and that's a new goal; 3.99 or better and no deltas.

I seemed to find a pretty good rythm on a good run, and both splits and transitions hovered with around .22.

I like working at 15y, there's more than one way to "skin it" at 15, and it seems to be a good blend of speed and accuracy. I also heard someone say that it's where our "average" target is too.

What have you guys done?

• 2 weeks later...
ok, fine.  <_<  You guys don't want to share, I'll just keep posting here as a  little "training log".

You want some cheese with that whine??? :D:lol::D:lol:

Kidding, man :) Rest assured, when I get my crap together over here, I'll post ya some times....

5.2 clean is pretty sporty. I like working at 15y, it seems to be a good combination of hose and focus. If I smoke a sub 1.0 for draw or reload at 15y (assuming there's actually a hit) then I know I am doing something right.

In fact the more I practice at 15 and out, the less I like hoser work at 10y and in, it just feels sloppy.

OK, I'll jump in

At Richmond, Ca., We have a "firing line" set up for practice with targets at about 13 yds. I was the last shooter there at the end of the secession and had the targets to myself. Forum member Short_Round is RO.

Facing targets, hands relaxed, best run with "REVO"

4.86 sec, draw 1.1, reload 1.65, splits varied .20 /.22

Hits, not sure. Targets were shot to hell already, but I'll guess a few....... mikes.

Dan

I do a similar drill with 3 targets but they are usually 6 feet apart. I'll move them to 3 feet and post results.

*UPDATE*

Open

Unclassified (Only been shooting about 6 months total) but I'm classified as C in Production and Limited.

I'm averaging just a shade under 2 seconds for the draw and just a shade under 2 seconds for the reload. Overall average time for about 5 runs was about 6.95 seconds with 2 or 3 charlies per run.

• 5 months later...

Shot three of these this weekend.

6.90, 1.44 draw, 2.50 reload, down 5 - mag stuck in the gun :wacko:

5.28, 1.32 draw, 1.31 reload, down 26 (1 mike, 3 Ds... yuck)

5.78, 1.28 draw, 1.59 reload, down 9 (2 Ds) - first shot was an A, decent draw

Yes, reloads are a focus point for me :) Need to figure out why I have mags sticking in the gun occasionally. The 1.31 reload was fairly smooth, but I shot two Ds immediately following it, so... maybe not so in control...

• 7 months later...

Shot this with a new practice buddy the other dfay, he had it set up and I got some good "cold" times.

No where NEAR the old times. But still improving.

decent runs were down around 5.2. Loads and Draws were lethargic compared to a year ago. Back to dry fire. :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Ran it several times. Best time 4.72 seconds down 5, reload was 1.05. Average around 5.00 seconds.

B Open shooter.

By the way Eric, the underwear should be shorter the shorts. You remind me of the Madona look-alikes from the late 80's. :P

Just giving you a hard time. ;)

Mario.

Edited by Big Guy