Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning base pad compatibility

selecw

I have the Henning magwell on a couple of guns and it is certainly very effective and well finished. The Gold Team magwell also looks good, so I am going to try it for a while and see how well it works.

Edited by selecw

I got the Henning basepads (long) and they fit beautifully on the new Mec-Gar mags and seat in the gun perfectly, not to tight nor to loose. I did notice that the mag release is stiff on the Tanfo's and can make for some resistance when seating a mag. I cut off two coils if I remember correctly (don't hold me to that as I cut it little by little to not go to far) and it made for a much smoother insertion. If you are interested in doing the same watch his video on how to dissassemble the gun beacuase you will need to completely strip the frame of components to get out the mag release.

The mag release on my Gold Team is fine. I need to work on the trigger which isn't :)

I am using Hennings base pads on K9 mags, and can see slight marks inside the mag well from where the outside edge of the base pads is contacting it.

Edited by selecw

selecw, just note that there's not very much material at all above the notch on the henning pads that grabs the rim of the magazine. If you've got a tight fit, I would not try to remedy it by shaving any of that material off the upper part of the pad.

selecw, just note that there's not very much material at all above the notch on the henning pads that grabs the rim of the magazine. If you've got a tight fit, I would not try to remedy it by shaving any of that material off the upper part of the pad.

I agree, take a look at what you can modify on the magwell itself before tinkering with the pads. I made this mistake on 10-8 pads on an M&P with a magwell. About 4 matches later a mag hitting hard pack stone on a stage broke the lips off the pad ultimately disassembling the mag for easy cleaning LOL.

My plan is to test the mags and factory magwell at the range. If they don't work perfectly I will be installing Henning's mag well.

I'm definitely NOT modifying the base pads, as I use them on other guns and they work well.