Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-09 vs. SP-01 hammer springs

zhunter

Just another data point but in my experience the 11.5 works just fine in the p09 with federal primers. I've run about 15-1700 rounds through mine with the 11.5 and have had 0 light strikes so far.

What kind of Trigger pull weight do u get with the 11.5 spring? I'm ready to work on my P09 trigger and tryin to decide what parts to get.

I put an 11.5 lb hammer spring in my .40 P09 and ran about 300 rounds through it yesterday just to see if it would work. I used CCI, Winchester, and Federal primers, about 100 of each, and they all went bang no problem, the spent primers all looked to have very good firing pin strikes, nothing looked lite at all. Im also using the CGW extended firing pin, but have done no other polishing or made any other changes to the stock gun, including using the stock hammer. The difference in DA pull is night and day, as I would expect it to be. I can adjust primer seat depth on my press and fully seat them, even give them a very slight pre-crush, so this may be why they work so well in mine. No, 300 rounds isnt fully vetted but judging by the good primer strikes Im pretty confident. I'll be running a bunch of rounds through it in the next 2-3 weeks so I'll report any issues.

I put an 11.5 lb hammer spring in my .40 P09 and ran about 300 rounds through it yesterday just to see if it would work. I used CCI, Winchester, and Federal primers, about 100 of each, and they all went bang no problem, the spent primers all looked to have very good firing pin strikes, nothing looked lite at all. Im also using the CGW extended firing pin, but have done no other polishing or made any other changes to the stock gun, including using the stock hammer. The difference in DA pull is night and day, as I would expect it to be. I can adjust primer seat depth on my press and fully seat them, even give them a very slight pre-crush, so this may be why they work so well in mine. No, 300 rounds isnt fully vetted but judging by the good primer strikes Im pretty confident. I'll be running a bunch of rounds through it in the next 2-3 weeks so I'll report any issues.

Cool, I will give it a go. Being I load on a 1050 my primers are seated very deeply too.

What's the pull weight?