Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the CZ 75 magwells?

JKW

I'd like to find the CZUB style, but if I'm not mistaken I've got to order from them and take the hit on shipping and long delivery time? The only place I've even seen them listed elsewhere (included the grips) in Dlask in Canada, but they are out of stock. Any ideas on other places to try? Though I think I might prefer the smaller one from CZUB, I'd entertain the one from CZC if I could find it in stock and in black.

I'd like to find the CZUB style, but if I'm not mistaken I've got to order from them and take the hit on shipping and long delivery time? The only place I've even seen them listed elsewhere (included the grips) in Dlask in Canada, but they are out of stock. Any ideas on other places to try? Though I think I might prefer the smaller one from CZUB, I'd entertain the one from CZC if I could find it in stock and in black.

I believe CZC only stocks their magwell in silver. The only place I've been able to find the CZUB style is directly from CZUB (http://www.shop-cz.com/exec/search.aspx?exps=magazine+funnel&SearchType=Fulltext).

if you do go CZUB route and they have the color you want in stock, delivery time via the air option isn't that long, if I remember correctly was here 6-8 days or so.

If you want the CZ UB for looks, go for it. You will need tor trim the grips to fit.

Personally, I did not see much benefit from it.

I have the CZC magwell now and although it feels more usefull, you can only use the 18 rd SP01 mags with some minor modifications to them.

If you want the CZ UB for looks, go for it. You will need tor trim the grips to fit.

I have the CZC magwell now and although it feels more usefull, you can only use the 18 rd SP01 mags with some minor modifications to them.

I ordered the correct size / same color grips from CZ-UB at the same time as the magwell, FWIW.

Not much benefit compared to no magwell at all?

I knew that new grips (or a trimming of the stock grips) were needed. It looks like CZUB has the magwell, but grips are OOS currently.

Unless you are extremely sloppy with your mag change, I doubt it would help. The stock magwell in the SP01 is nicely tapered. The weight difference is probably half an ounce maybe. It does look nicer but I prefer to be able to play in production.

I appreciate the input himurax13. I bought my Shadow to use primarily in 3 gun, so a magwell isn't a class busting issue for me. I shoot IDPA with my 9mm Trojan and the magwell provides seemingly significant help in hitting that small single stack target during mag changes. To be truthful though, I haven had the opportunity to shoot or even do much dry fire practice with the CZ yet.

To be honest, I have never seen the need for a magwell for a double stack magazine, but then again I don't reload at blazing speeds.

The CZC Magwell is probably a bit more usefull since it is longer and wider, easier to come by, and weighs probably twice as much as the CZ UB version. I don't remember exactly if the grips for the CZUB Magwell was shorter or taller than the Short grips for the CZC Magwell.

The only real caveat with both magwells is that the only style of magazine that will work for them is the 18 round SP01 magazine. You either need to run a really short base pad or an extended one since the stock plastic one is too tall for either.

The only real caveat with both magwells is that the only style of magazine that will work for them is the 18 round SP01 magazine. You either need to run a really short base pad or an extended one since the stock plastic one is too tall for either.

The factory rubber basepads are cheaper and work fine with the CZC magwell. That's what I use.

I got a DQ at a match .... CZ 75 shadow with CZC magwell, sp01 mags and rubber base pads ... Gun would not fit in the IDPA box. I switched to the thin aluminum base pads ... The gun fits now.

I got a DQ at a match .... CZ 75 shadow with CZC magwell, sp01 mags and rubber base pads ... Gun would not fit in the IDPA box. I switched to the thin aluminum base pads ... The gun fits now.

I forgot about the box. I used some slightly trimmed 16 round steel basepads and they fit.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Wow...good to know!

Well I fitted around 10~15 CZ UB magwells to CZ 75 Shadow and round 4 to TS.

Yes you need to trimm the plastic magwell by 4mm in order for mag to be fully inserted. The magwell ( in TS) served me well for 4 years for all the dryfire I done ( and I do a lot of it)

Yes you need to trimm the gripps as well. The magwell has a large tunel- so you can not possibly mess up the reload