Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 KKM match barrel

vetts1911

Bought a new KKM barrel for my 35 to have a muddy day back up limited gun. To my suprise after over 600 rounds 200 factory 165 win, 155, 180, and 200 gr. reloads. The Glock slide locks open once or twice every mag. It was a drop in and there is no lock up problem. Factory barrel runs fine will all ammo.

Here are the questions,

How many rounds to break in? (I think that I covered that part)

Has any one seen such a problem?

And of course how can I fix this?

Thanks,

Chris

You kind of answered your own problem.

"Factory barrel runs fine with all ammo". Never have seen anything wrong with the factory barrel.

How about the brass is history with a factory barrel, you lose the added weight that the KKM barrel provides.

Extended or regular slide release?

I have an extended slide release, the stock ext from glock.

Any possibility you're hitting the extended release and manually locking the slide open? When Duane Thomas clued someone around here in to that possibility a few years, I was confident in my ability to manage the gun with an extended release. He told me, that as my grip improved, I'd start locking the slide back. He turned out to be right.

By all means call KKM --- though I haven't had any issues with my three KKM barrels. Also try switching to a standard slide release and see if the problem goes away.....

Thanks, I think that I will call KKM. I was sure that I had an unlucky barrel. I never have seen any of my friends have trouble with thiers either. The barrel was causing the gun to slide lock open with the first 100 rounds almost every other round. It almost makes a function free mag every other mag or two, but you all know how that kind of functioning in a gun works at a match. I will not take it out. I will just run it with the factory barrel now and let you all know what KKM tells me. Thanks all I was just looking to assure what I thought the real deal was.

V/R,

Chris

Vetts, what added weight? Do you have a comp? Don't think you can shoot that in Limited.

Gosh, most the .40 brass I reload has come from stock barreled Glocks. I must be doing something wrong.

I spoke with KKM Monday and he told me that there is no break in period for the barrel or thier barrels. He asked that I send in my barrel for a look over to see what the problem and if there was if there is one they would take care of it. I would say that is service, and I would rate them an outstanding company to deal with. Now I will just play with a stock barrel till the package is back.

Thanks Agian to all the helpfull replies,

Chris