Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mec-Gar Magazine issue SP-01 Shadow

hlpressley

Mec-Gar mags will not drop free from my SP-01 Shadow. I am using the 17 round AFC mags if that matters. Factory 19 round mags drop fine with no issue at all. The MG mags are new so I wouldn't think all 6 of them would be defective. Here comes the strange part, this ONLY happens during live fire. Mags drop fine in dry fire practice but as soon as the gun is shot in live fire mags no longer drop free. This happens when gun is at slide lock as well as when it is still chambered and additional rounds are still in magazine.

The gun is a fairly new gun (less than 500 rounds), It was purchased new from CZC as a stock Shadow and all of the CGW goodies were later installed by my local gunsmith.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you over-press the mag release during live fire and maybe hit it softer during dry fire? Try and see if there is a difference.

Sent from the range

I don't think this is the issue as I have tried (during live fire) probably 25 different techniques including slow, fast, deliberate, quick press and release, quick press and hold etc, all to no avail. However, I will say if that turns out to be the problem I will have a really nice Shadow for sale as I never had such an issue with my M&P. It doesn't matter how fast, hard, soft, deliberate, easy, or anything that I press the release on any of my 7 M&P's, the magazines always, and I mean always fall out. I love how the CZ feels and shoots but I have no interest in a gun that has to be babied.

It could be the slide is dragging the top bullet in the magazine forward were the tip of the bullet hangs up in the frame when you drop the mag. You should polish the center channel in the slide and bevel the center channel at the breech face. That should stop the bullet from being dragged forward. Give David at CGW or Stuart at CZC they will be able to help you trouble shoot this.

It could be the slide is dragging the top bullet in the magazine forward were the tip of the bullet hangs up in the frame when you drop the mag. You should polish the center channel in the slide and bevel the center channel at the breech face. That should stop the bullet from being dragged forward. Give David at CGW or Stuart at CZC they will be able to help you trouble shoot this.

I would agree but the same thing happens when gun is at slide lock. No rounds in the mag to be dragged forward.