Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P-09 Slide Lightening and Red Dot Milling

PrimaryBruce

Been noticing people across several forums inquiring about having CZ P series guns milled for red dots. There's not a whole lot out there to be found on it for these guns, but it can be done! ;) This one's got some more time to spend in the CNC to achieve it's weight loss goals, but she's coming around.

wMz0Kd9.jpg?1

Edited by bruceg

My favorite shot.

Any idea what the CZ weighs with the milled out slide and scope (+ empty magazine) ?
If I remember I'll get a weight on the shop scale monday.

On another note I put 300 rounds through it today. Zero malfunctions even with 50 rounds of Tula. Shooting this gun with the Fastfire III is just cheating. Blowing out bulls eyes at 15 yards is just a piece of cake.

For anyone wondering about weight, mine came in at 31.3oz. Stock weight is 31oz. So we basically managed to have this gun come in at stock weight WITH a red dot and WITH a stainless guide rod vs factory with no red dot and plastic guide rod.

Edited by bruceg

• 2 weeks later...
Decided the front and rear of the grip could use a little more of an aggressive patterns over factory. I'd like to note that the polymer on these CZ's is...different...for lack of a better word than the polymer of a Glock or other polymer framed guns. You can't treat it the same as you can if you stipple a Glock. The CZ frames aren't as lenient with the heat as Glock frames.

GfJOf9d.jpg

Edited by bruceg

Decided the front and rear of the grip could use a little more of an aggressive patterns over factory. I'd like to note that the polymer on these CZ's is...different...for lack of better word than the polymer of a Glock or other polymer framed guns. You can't treat it the same as you can if you stipple a Glock. The CZ frames aren't as lenient with the heat as Glock frames.
GfJOf9d.jpg

What do you mean not as lenient? I have stippled a number of glocks, M&Ps, 2011s. What have you encountered?

Decided the front and rear of the grip could use a little more of an aggressive patterns over factory. I'd like to note that the polymer on these CZ's is...different...for lack of better word than the polymer of a Glock or other polymer framed guns. You can't treat it the same as you can if you stipple a Glock. The CZ frames aren't as lenient with the heat as Glock frames.
GfJOf9d.jpg

That is a great looking gun… nicely done !

GfJOf9d.jpg

What do you mean not as lenient? I have stippled a number of glocks, M&Ps, 2011s. What have you encountered?

If you aren't careful, you'll literally pull off some of the polymer with the soldering gun. I have done a metric crap ton of Glocks and M&P's too. Never had this occur. I've only done a hand full of customer CZ's, but it's the same with them all - you can't leave the soldering gun on the polymer for more than half a second or so, or you'll pull the polymer off. Tough to explain. Try it on a spare back strap and you'll see what I'm talking about.

GfJOf9d.jpg

That is a great looking gun… nicely done !

Thank you sir!

GfJOf9d.jpg

If you aren't careful, you'll literally pull off some of the polymer with the soldering gun. I have done a metric crap ton of Glocks and M&P's too. Never had this occur. I've only done a hand full of customer CZ's, but it's the same with them all - you can't leave the soldering gun on the polymer for more than half a second or so, or you'll pull the polymer off. Tough to explain. Try it on a spare back strap and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ok, I know what you are talking about. I use a brass tip that I had someone make with 20 LPI cut into it. Works pretty well but it can clog up while using it.

Are you able to co witness with the Burris, I noticed that you still have the front sight on?

Front sight is only to assist in picking up the red dot, which I don't even use it for that purpose anymore. The sight can be seen at the very bottom of the red dot window only. I personally do not like co witnessing sights with red dots on pistols. You don't have much viewing area as it is to start blocking more of it with suppressor sights. Just my .02.

I removed the fiber optic front sight from my XDM as it was distracting. I have no problem picking up the dot after I did some dry-fire.

It doesn't take long to get used to finding the dot at all with no irons. Edited by bruceg