Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Although I have not seen him, lately I've seen Mr. Ayoob's name in a couple of local match results sheets.

Is he local to Florida now? If so, I guess that the Lethal Force Institute is also here...

Bueller?...

If the measure of how much you like a movie is how many times you've seen it, then Ferris Bueller's Day Off is my favorite movie. I've seen it 15 times, 13 in the theatres back in 1986, once on video tape, and twice on DVD. And it still totally does it for me.

It would be cool to run into Mas. First interest I had in pistols was watching him on 20/20 as an instructor for Ray Chapman's school. They were running civilian students thru an indoor house-clearing course. That was about 1979 or 1980.

Maybe we'll find that he's finally stopped with that low-crossed-thumbs grip that no one could talk him out of for decades...

That's when I met him Mas and Ray were doing civilian training and I did there 40 hour class it was great.

We had 11 people in the Class and during the house clearing they kill us all.

The scenario was, one or more bad guys were in you house when you came home. They put a pulse monitor on us. Mas wore a red vest and coached you through it.

the club house was dimly lit. I didn't see chapman's feet behind the movie screen, the other bad guy distracted me and while I was disarming him. Ray step out from behind the screen and shot me with two blanks in the back. You could feel the blast and the heat right through my flannel, plus the powder burns.

Then Mas would ask what is your pulse rate now!!!!

Chap also had good demo he put 5 balloons on heads of ipsc target, about same size as the head, then he drove back to 100 yards, rested his elbows on the hood of his truck and got 5 balloons with 5 shots in under 6 seconds.