Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS new trigger install problem

happyal

Hello,

I recently installed a new metal trigger for my Tactical Sport. I bought the trigger direct from CZ, as I'm based in Europe and it's the easiest place to get CZ parts for me.

New trigger went in fine, installation was easier than I was expecting.

Now my slight problem. I adjusted the trigger for pre travel and over travel, but I can't get it right. At the moment if I adjust the travel screws any more it won't function, but there is still more travel in the trigger than I would like.

Second problem has only happened twice so far, is that I'm in the middle of firing a mag, and it will not let me pull the trigger, racking the slide will allow me to continue.

Has anyone ever had this problem with the Tactical Sport before? Does a new trigger require some break in? Should I slacken off the travel screws until it's fully broken in?

Back off the overtravel adjustment screw. It is not always allowing the trigger to reset. There has to be some slight play. Can't help you on the pretravel, but I'll bet you have to loosen that a bit as well. I haven't worked on my TS yet, but on 1911s you almost always need .020"-.025" of pretravel and .010" of overtravel to allow everything to reset properly.

If you can be prepared to adjust it at the range. When I did mine, it was fine dry but wouldn't always reset live. About a 1/4 turn and some blue loctite and it's been good since.

I believe the hammer hooks can be damaged if the over travel screw does not allow enough movement.

I have done this and have a bill for a new hammer to show.

Hold the trigger in and manipulate the hammer back and forth with your other hand. Watch the sear to ensure that with the trigger fully depressed you don't see any up and down movement of the sear.