Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme Shooter Grip DVC

shotgunone

I'm looking for someone with experience on both the Extreme Shooter Grip - The DVC Advantage - STI Grip and the standard STI factory Grip. On the extreme web site it say that these grips have the full reduction and are for the medium to small hands. It also says these are the same grips that are on the DVC. I know they make an extra small grip and I am not referring to that one.

I am wondering just how much smaller these grips, or the DVC Advantage grips are than the factory STI grips. I am think about changing out my factory grips on my STI Eagle for a set of these. I don't really need a lot of reduction as the standard grip size is about right. I'm just looking for a little more aggressive texture mostly and a slight reduction would be ok. Don't want the extra small one. If you have both factory STI grip and a DVC Advantage grip can you give me your impression on these DVC Advantage style grips.

How much of a reduction is there over the factory size of the STI grip?

Thanks

It's not so much of a reduction as it is a recontouring. It takes that squarish feel of the stock grip and rounds the corners. Also important to note is the undercutting of the trigger guard to help with a more secure grip.

In my opinion, the DVC cut is better than the stock STI grip. I have medium sized hands and along with the non-slip surface, the undercuts feels great and I can get my thumb on the magazine eject button without having to shift my grip. That makes for quicker reloads in my case, and I need all the help I can get with those. :mellow:

Hey thanks for the information. I'm kind of trying to get other peoples opinions on the grips before I spend my money. Especially how they stack up to the stock STI grip.

I appreciate it.

Edited by shotgunone

I have both a standard STI and a slightly reduced STI with grip tape along with the DVC grip. The DVC grip is noticeably smaller profile than the standard STI and requires me to shift my grip a little more to hit the mag release - I'm afflicted with left handedness so this may not apply to you. The undercuts are really nice and the texture is definitely more comfortable than I was expecting.

Please all do yourselves a favor spoil yourselves and get a Phoenix Trinity grip for your 2011.

I'm patiently waiting for mine.

I know they're in high demand but how long have you been waiting? Are you ordering S/S or aluminum? I know the titanium as really slow in being delivered.

Since March 17th - S/S standard grip. The delay is attributed to their outside wire vendor. Wait times will improve as they are bringing that work in house.