Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this OK for 'factory new' gun?

Just checking - it's my first gun purchase so maybe I'm a little anxious. They didn't have these locally so I'm buying online. It was listed as 'factory new'. I noticed these marks in the pics and just assumed it was from the gun being racked and handled by customers. But I don't see the same marks in reviews or pictures of other guns that have even been shot. It's a Sig 'match elite' so the fit should be very good.

Maybe it's nothing - I just want to check with someone before sending payment since I don't really know what I'm doing.

What do you think?

wear%20marks_zpslrxfx67h.jpg

Thanks - that was what I had thought, I just wanted to be sure. I hate buying tangibles online and being new I just didn't know what to expect. I figure it's going to get worn once I start using it, but if it was a sign of poor alignment or something, it couldn't hurt to ask you guys.

I'll go ahead and pay, and start shooting my new baby :)

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing, especially after seeing it in person. The wear on the barrel looks a little worse in person - there must be a burr on the frame as there appears to be a 2" scratch down the side of the slide. So I don't feel like I'm walking on egg shells while handling it which is kind of nice. Last night I read 2 other posts of the same thing by people who bought this gun early this year. Sig had sent them a shipping label and took care of it in like 5 days. But I'll give mine a nice cleaning and coat of oil, fire a few hundred/thousand rounds, and see how it goes.

Unfortunately my background check was 'delayed' - the network was down today, and even cell phones and the network at work were all really slow today. Hopefully that's all it is. What a tease!

The slide to frame fit was pretty tight, the trigger reset was almost non existent, and trigger travel was very short but a little stiff. I'll see how that breaks in - I can always take a stone to some of the parts if they need to be cleaned up after 500rds. But really it's a nice gun and hopefully it will serve me well :)

You could do much worse for a first gun! The SIGs are production 1911s, which means assembled with no hand fitting, so you may see some rough spots like that on the slide. The upside is my SIG 1911s have been super reliable and priced well.