Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When my body quits on me

dgreen

I really hate the fact that I can't shoot an all day match. I have had 6 knee surgeries (double replacement included)and 3 back surgeries. I love all aspects of every match other than I just can't seem to get past about noon without something hurting. This last weekend I bent over to get a can of paint and that was pretty much the end of any good feeling I had. The other thing that sucks is when I am in pain, I tend not to help paint or paste. It isn't fair to the other people in my squad that I don't help much. This also effects my shooting but I just can't stop. I guess the urge to compete outweighs the pain.

Damn man, sounds like it's an accomplishment for you to even shoot half a match! That must be pretty painful. Have you looked into helping with the stats crew for your work shift instead?

Or if your on spray paint duty, could you get one of those line/trail marker sticks so that you wouldn't have to bend as much?

Hope you can find something to help make it easier to get thru the day.

I really hate the fact that I can't shoot an all day match. I have had 6 knee surgeries (double replacement included)and 3 back surgeries. I love all aspects of every match other than I just can't seem to get past about noon without something hurting. This last weekend I bent over to get a can of paint and that was pretty much the end of any good feeling I had. The other thing that sucks is when I am in pain, I tend not to help paint or paste. It isn't fair to the other people in my squad that I don't help much. This also effects my shooting but I just can't stop. I guess the urge to compete outweighs the pain.

This could be me writing. I have not shot a match in 2 years. Best of luck and if you want to come to Boston, my Neurosurgeon at Mass General is top notch. As is my ankle doctor and my hand surgeon. I think you get the drift

I've shot a few times when I'm crippled up. I try to squad with friends that know that this match I may not be able to go 100% on taping and setting steel, but take all the matches I shoot together, I more than make up for my bad days on my good days.

Too bad this year, between bad weather and injuries I've not made it to many matches, but given time I will be back out there.

Bill

Having shot with Dennis for over 20 years :devil: ........Don't worry, Bud. You have already done more than your fair share.... Just come and shoot. The young pups will take care of it, whatever the match is.....See you at Big Dawg, and bring your lawn chair!

DougC

I feel your pain Dennis! My back is junk too, after 2 surgeries.

I can still shoot 5 and 6 stage local matches, as long as the travel is less than an hour. But, I had to give up level 2 matches three years ago.

Occasionally, I'll have to stay home, when I can't get the pain down to a simmer. :(