Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perfect Optic for 10.5" patrol rifle in 5.56

RangerTrace

How are your eyes? Eotech if you're forty and using night vision. Aimpoints are good, but they can look like a bag of grapes if you have vision issues. 1MOA dot on Eotech gets you a headshot every time. I don't think you are going to find any articles by people actually doing this kind of work. Taran and Clint are good friends, but they don't do entry. They do three gun.

Battery life is a deal breaker on the Eotech for me. I have one on my issued gun and while I like the reticle, that is all I like. I realize those guys don't do entry work, but they do shoot rifles more than any LEO SWAT guy, so I value their opinion. My real question to them was if there was a variable 1Xwhatever that was as good as a dot when on 1 power. I have no issues with an Aimpoint dot and will most likely go with the PRO because of the price, durability and battery life.

You already know what you want. You are just looking for help justifying it. For a social work gun you want the aim point. Get the pro, the m4, an old m2, a t-1, or a h1. It realy does not matter all that much which one you end up with for your application. It has all the pro's and none of the cons. My personal vote would be a t1 on a seekins mount with a traditional fixed front sight and no rear sight, leave it on 24 - 7 and change the battery on your birthday. But as this is the internet, my opinion is worth nothing more than what you paid for it. good luck!

Trace, find a used Aimpoint Comp M4. They are tuff as nails and take a single AA battery that lasts 8 years. 2 MOA dot is really nice. I have used almost every Aimpoint out there and if I could only choose one it would be the Comp M4.

Anybody know a good place to pick up a used Comp M4 that isn't... um... "liberated from the military," if you know what I mean?