Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 9mm idpa loads (favorites)

Bwidpa

I have been shooting cdp in idpa with a 1911 and decided to buy a cheap ria tactical in 9mm to give esp a try. I Load 9mm in my glocks and various other guns but not in a 1911, so I'm looking for your suggested loads for minor power factor and reliability (accuracy is not so important since this isn't bullseye competition). Powders on hand are titegroup, bullseye, wst, longshot, hs6, cfe pistol, 700x. Bullets on hand are 115 and 124 fmj, 115 and 147 jhp, 115 lrn, 147 bayou, and 150 swc bayou. So I'm willing to try anything. What's your load, and oal. Most concerned with reliability as I hear 9mm 1911's are a little picky.

I've shot up a decent amount of 147 bayou over 3.0 gr TG at 1.135-1.14. Gave me 130-132pf thru my 9mm 1911. Super soft. I did notice that occasionally I'm getting a sticking issue that might be related to OAL being a bit too long for my chamber so I may be dropping the length down a bit. But if that length runs in your gun I think you'll like the load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 4.0gr TG under an Xtreme 124gr at 1.150-1.155. When I first worked up the load I settled on 3.9gr going by seat of the pants feel, but when I finally chrono'd it, it came up a little short (122 PF) out of a 4.25" 1911 that I like to run, so I bumped up to 4.0gr. I really like it, it is plenty accurate for uspsa and very easy shooting.

I recently picked up some RMR 124gr thick plated, and have adjusted the OAL to about 1.135 to account for the different shape and length of the bullet. It feels just as good, but I haven't chrono'd it yet.

4.5gr of Win231/HP-38 @ 1.140" with a 124gr FMJ bullet (MG, Precision Delta, etc.). When using MG CMJ's, I was getting ~132-135pf.

I just switched to coated lead and have tried BBI, Ibejihead, and Blue Bullets (125gr). Sticking with 4.5gr, I'm getting a PF of 142 (~1,140fps), so if you want to use lead, you can bump it down to probably 4.2gr.

Edited by polizei1