Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oops!

TonytheTiger

So I decided to do some gunsmithing on my TS tonight, and in typical male fashion I boldly decided I wouldn't ask for directions, I would find my way on my own. Since I was feeling adventurous and manly I decided that any parts that disassembled with any difficulty needed some persuasion from a hammer. Long story short, I broke the tip of my sear spring off, just the very end that sits in the groove on the safety. It only took me ten seconds of research on here to see what I had done wrong. So I put it back together and can't seem to get it to malfunction in any way. Of course I have a match this Sunday and I'm wondering if my gun will make it through a match without any surprises or if I need to go into full emergency mode and pay through the nose to get a $3 part here by the weekend?

When I broke mine in similar fashion once, about every third cycle of the slide the sear would not put enough pressure on the hammer hooks and the hammer would fall. It may hand cycle ok, but I think you will have a problem. YRMV.