Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marvel Conversion and CMore

Flyin40

Amyone have a Marvel conversion and a C-More on the Marvel scope mount rib. Some informed me they coudn't bet the Cmore to line up correctly on the gun with the Marvel mount. With a railway and weaver mount it should be fine. Any ideas

Flyin40

I posted a WTB in the classifieds and a guy replied and stated it just sits crooked. Didn't really give an explanation. With the mount and railway on a weaver I don't see this being a problem. I would think it would be a faulty mount. He also said you have to take off the cmore off the mount to get the scope mount off to shoot the marvel with iron sights. I didn't really think about that. Duh........... So I will end up having to sight the cmore in regardless everytime I use it. Might have to rethink this.

Flyin40

I was thinking about drilling and tapping the rail in order to mount a C-More Slide Ride... kinda like mounting it on a scope mount. Don't know if it'd work or not, though. Main thing is that first the rail gets affixed to the conversion, and then the C-More gets attached... if it needs to come off, the C-More has to come off. Zero problems? Dunno.

Flyin40 I have tried 3 of the Cmore railways and they all sit the same. They all lean to one side. I forget which side. Tried the C More setup on an AR15 flattop and it was perfect. The Marvel Rail doesn't come up high enough to touch the bottom of the CMore mount. CMore says that is the only mount they make. I tried putting shims between the mount and rail and that worked but looked pretty hokey so I took it off.

Bill

Thks, that explains it alittle more. Have you contacted Marvel about it?? They might have come across this problem before and have a solution. I'll contact them to find out and let you know.

Flyin40

Thks, that explains it alittle more. Have you contacted Marvel about it?? They might have come across this problem before and have a solution. I'll contact them to find out and let you know.

Do you have any information about the problem Flyin40?

I was thinking about drilling and tapping the rail in order to mount a C-More Slide Ride... kinda like mounting it on a scope mount. Don't know if it'd work or not, though. Main thing is that first the rail gets affixed to the conversion, and then the C-More gets attached... if it needs to come off, the C-More has to come off. Zero problems? Dunno.

Have you already done that 300lbGorilla?

If you have is it working OK?

Actually what I'm thinking about doing is buying another alchin mount and slide ride c-more.

I'll just switch the sights and I won't have to re-zero. The 5 holes brings the c-more right back to the same spot.

This is a rather expensive solution so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I won't use the railway mount because you have to take the c-more off to swithc ribs to shoot limited and open on the marvel.

I probably won't contact Marvel because of that reason. The Alchin mounts keeps the sight zeroed when putting it back on but a weaver base would have to be sighted back in. Defeats the purpose.

Flyin40

What do you plan to do with the .22 and how often? I used to make two marks on my scope.. one for the .22 and one for Super. A quick crank with the sight adjustment tool and it's pretty close-- good enough for practice and local matches at least

(this is good to do anyway-- if your zero starts changing, you can see if its' the adjustment screws moving, or something else moving. If it's the screws, you can then put them back easily. If its something else you can schedule an appointment with your gunsmith)

I'm thinking pulling a mount on and off the gun repeatedly probably won't hold zero either.. been there, done that.

I have a limited topend and open topend that I switch back and forth. The C-more always holds zero when I put it back on. 5 holes cmore mount gives little ablity for the scope to mount differently. If it were a rifle scope and your talking about 100-300yds then that small movement would have a huge effect. But being so close, out to 40yds showed very little movement. I might try your way, marking the C-more, I have done that in the past with other scopes. I would just make sure of the zero prior to a match. I'm not sure I want to spend the money for the C-more anyway.

Flyin40

I just bought a Marvel scope mount drilled for the cmore towards the back from another member on Benos. It allows the rib to be removed while leaving the cmore on. Once I get it I'll post how it is.

Flyin40

I just bought a Marvel scope mount drilled for the cmore towards the back from another member on Benos.
I saw the ad also.
It allows the rib to be removed while leaving the cmore on. Once I get it I'll post how it is.

Good thing. I will appreciate if you post pics. Thanks!! :)

I have ordered Marvel conversion unit kit 1 with both top ends. So I am very interested in how I can get C-more in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I received it but I been so busy I haven't even really looked at it. Trying to get everything done before the new baby gets here. Little more than 2 weeks away.

I should get a chance to mess with it this weekend.

I'll let you know

Flyin40

• 5 weeks later...
I received it but I been so busy I haven't even really looked at it. Trying to get everything done before the new baby gets here. Little more than 2 weeks away.

Can I conratulate you? Do you have new baby now?

My daughter was born on 4/2, she came alittle early. Everything went well. Just been busy though. I did manage to make match last weekend and I'll get to shoot again this weekend. I'm off 8 weeks from work so I'll have time to practice in between bottles and diapers. :D:lol:

Still have yet to try the mount on the marvel.

Flyin40