Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 Gen4 Mag Drop Issues

SWHlctx

I've got a new G19 Gen 4. The problem I'm having is getting the mag to drop when the gun is at slide lock. With the slide closed (in battery) I can hit the mag release and the mag will drop 100 out of 100 times.

When at slide lock it's about 50% of the time. For some reason the mag lock assembly doesn't want to move over (release) far enough to allow the mag to drop when it is in slide lock. I don't know what slide lock has to do with it, but that was my observation.

Anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?

When it is in slide lock and I mash the release the mag drops about 1/8", no click and catches on something. If I pull the slide back a little when it is at slide lock and hit the release, the mag drops out, no problem.

No. 17 round mags work fine. Also, if I have a couple of rounds in the 15 round mage it drops OK. There is no consistency with the MT mags. Some drop down just fraction of an inch and others don't drop down at all. I think the empty mag is getting hung up on the lip of the mag release and it won't allow it to drop. The 17 round mag has just enough extra weight to pull the mag past the lip.

Edited by SWHlctx

Found this post in another forum that described the same problem you were having with the same mags and Gun. Maybe this will help you address it.

"Found the problem. I took it apart and really looked at the mag release. There was a bit of an extra lip that was binding against the mag. I took my dremel to it and that did the trick."

Yep, I'm going to make a Dermal adjustment. Glock is sending me a replacement mag release. I'll wait till I get it so I have a backup in case I "over adjust".

Edited by SWHlctx

I have had this problem in the past. A book on glocks in competition said to try pledge furniture polish. Have a to go bag in my range bag when they start to stick I wipe them down and no longer an issue. A packet last almost one entire season. Stay away from sanding it caused "hairs" and makes it worse. They said use an exacto knife and trim off any burrs.