Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picked up a VP9

Bryan 45

I have read other users having great results on the trigger work done by Bruce at Gray Guns on HK triggers, espically on the VP9. Also on HK Pro forum a few of the people are complaining about the spring kit not working properly. There is a thread on that site dealing with the problems users are experiencing.

I bought the HK spring kit and pliers. Watched the install video- all went easy. Mine showed a great improvement feels like high 3's to me. Worth the small price for a really nice trigger. My reset is smooth no catches and has good spring pressure on return.

I bought the HK spring kit and pliers. Watched the install video- all went easy. Mine showed a great improvement feels like high 3's to me. Worth the small price for a really nice trigger. My reset is smooth no catches and has good spring pressure on return.

Any tricks or tips on installing the sear spring from the ultra match kit? I just ordered the kit (not in hand yet) and wondering if I should have ordered the HK spring tool as well...?

I used a thin pair of needle nose pliers and they worked fine.

Put on a .160" Dawson front sight today. The .180" that came in the set from hkparts.net caused poi to be too low.

Also, hkparts.net advertises their Dawson sights are part of Dawson's perfect impact policy, but Dawson says otherwise. Wish I'd ordered the sights from Dawson so I didn't have to pay $40 for the shorter one.

Edited by Bryan 45

Has anyone seen any remedies for reducing the overtravel?

Only from Gray Guns. He made some kind of internal over travel stop. Id like to see how much difference it actually makes. You need a certain amount of over-travel to clear the striker block safety. Doesn't seem like you could reduce it by much?