Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II vs Stock III differences

What are they? Found a place that has Stock III's. Tempted to impulse buy one to see what all this nut huggery hype is about lol. Seems that the Stock II is the one to get but I hear people saying it's not worth tracking one down if a stock III is available.

Stock III is a tad longer with a picatinny rail and regular barrel where the Stock II has just the regular full length dust cover and bull barrel. The Stock III "feels more front heavy" in my opinion but that extra weight really helps recoil control in my mind. I have both and like them both. I'd recommend trying to hold both and then decide but course the Stock II is hard to find in 9mm

Gump covered most of the important points. S3 has the 4.9" straight barrel with conventional rifling, and the S2 has a 4.6" cone barrel with polygonal rifling. This also means the S3 has a longer (better) sight radius than the S2. The factory hammers are a tiny bit different, but many if not most shooters change those out for something from EG custom. Also the S3 comes blued, where as the S2 is chromed if that matters to you. I have been equating it to weather people like longer or shorter guns. If you would prefer a 6" or 5.5" 2011 (or similar) for limited, you would probably prefer the S3. If you would prefer the feel of a 5" 2011 for limited you would probably prefer the S2. The S3 will there fore have a softer push of a recoil impulse, and the S2 a faster snap. It all comes down to opinion. Triggers can be made identical.

I've got an S3 for sale right now in the classifieds. If you end up deciding you want to pick one up, let me know.

Link: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215863&hl=