Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match bumps

Liftedranger

In simple terms...

If you win your class at a sanctioned match and there are enough people in the class, you get bumped to the next classification. There are alot more details than that, most dealing with how many people you beat vs. number of shooter in a class, etc.

"9.4 Match Performance Promotion

9.4.1 Classification can also be affected by a shooter’s performance in Sanctioned Matches. This is based on the number of people in a shooter’s Division and Classification and the Classifications above within that same Division. This method of Classification promotion calculation does not include DQ’s, DNF’s or match no-shows.
9.4.2 The winner of a class at a Sanctioned Match will be promoted to the next higher Classification if that shooter beats nine shooters in that class or any higher class in that Division.
9.4.3 The second place finisher of a class at a Sanctioned Match will be promoted to the next higher Classification if that shooter beats 19 shooters in that class or any higher class in that Division. This progression continues for the third, fourth, fifth place, etc. in the match. For example, the fourth place finisher will be promoted if that shooter beats 39 shooters in that class or any higher class in that Division.
9.4.4 If two or more shooters in the same Division and Classification in a match have the exact same score, and that score qualifies for a Classification Promotion, all shooters with that score will be promoted."

How long does it take a match bump to show up?

I won my class at a recent tier 3 match, beating 19 that are in my class or higher. Scores have been official for over a week now. Website still has my previous class.

I won my class at a recent tier 3 match, beating 19 that are in my class or higher. Scores have been official for over a week now. Website still has my previous class.

Yes you did! I was on your squad. You shot really well.

It sometimes takes a few weeks for the IDPA site to be updated.

Yes you did! I was on your squad. You shot really well.

It sometimes takes a few weeks for the IDPA site to be updated.

Well Howdy Bill! It was good shooting with you, hope you guys made it home safe.

Your CZ had me eyeing a shadow for a while, but ultimately the price tag kept me from pulling the trigger.

For the divorce lawyer, not the gun.

I had to make a call into IDPA HQ to get my bump to SS on their website. Seems like it was about a week from getting the email about the scores being official, to my bump showing up on IDPA's website.

• 2 weeks later...

The match director does match bumps "by hand" on the IDPA website. Usually takes some time after the results are official. My bump from the Indoor Nats took about 10 days.

The match director does match bumps "by hand" on the IDPA website. Usually takes some time after the results are official. My bump from the Indoor Nats took about 10 days.

Coming up on a month

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

Coming up on a month

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

I'd send an email to the match director.

Coming up on a month

I'd send an email to the match director.

I checked today, it's gone through finally. I sent two emails to IDPA, never heard back from them. The match director got his scores uploaded pretty quick, they finalized them in 5 days or so.

• 5 months later...

So, match bump are automatical? If I classified as MM year ago and won match in August that bumped me to SS AND 2 months later won SS class , doesn't that mean I'm expert now ?

Sanctioned or club match?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk 2

If you beat the required number of shooters, congratulations on your match bump.

So, match bump are automatical? If I classified as MM year ago and won match in August that bumped me to SS AND 2 months later won SS class , doesn't that mean I'm expert now ?

Sanctioned or club match?

Yep - it's gotta be a sanctioned match to get the match bump.

• 2 weeks later...

You only get the bump if it's a sanctioned match, and beat the appropriate number of people in your div/class. Or combined with the next higher div/class.

Exactly. I've won a fair number of sanctioned matches in SSR/REV and haven't received a bump due to the number of shooters in the class.

I've won a fair number of sanctioned matches in SSR/REV and haven't received a bump due to the number of shooters in the class.

Yup - match bumps for revolver shooters are exceedingly rare. I've only ever saw one - at the Carolina Cup, where there were 250+ shooters. Wheelgunners generally move up via classifier.