Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2

ALRAY

Does anyone have one of these yet? What's the verdict?

"The new ComforTech™ system reduces recoil up to 48% over the competition" What about against the M1?

What about accesories? Anyone know of it will take the same extended tubes as the M1?

No! Different choke tubes!

I have both guns. The Benelli M1 uses the same choke tubes as Beretta shotguns. The Benelli M2 uses "Crio Plus." Flush choke tubes are available only from Benelli (but the guns come with 5 - CL, IC, M, IM, F) and Trulock makes extended choke tubes called Precision Hunter. I just added Trulock Chokes to the Favorite Links on Schennberg.com

Richard

Benny,

Have you done any work on the M2 trigger group? I know only one person who has done a trigger job on an M2 and his feeling was that the "plastic" trigger housing was not as robust as the one on the M1 and he was not sure the improvements would "hold".

I am considering getting another M1 just as a spare in case one of the ones my wife and I shoot needs help down the road.

Benny,

Took your advise and went for the M2 Field with 21" barrel. Don't know when it's coming in though and I would like to give it a test run before I send it to you, so I can compare before and after you work on it. As for the mag tube, I want to make it 8+1 so which tube should I get Briley's or DMW's? The Benelli one will only make it 7+1, right? Thanks.