Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Firing Pin

SISIG

For those who have tried it any feedback? Did you stay with your current hammer spring or further lighten it a bit?

How about the length of your firing pin spring? How long is you set up?

I put it in and I think it was worth the upgrade. When I've used lighter hammer springs sometimes my hammer won't end up flush on the back plate after firing. It's like the FP pushes it back out. I don't wanna cut off too many coils off FP spring either. Put the Gen4 in and the hammer ends up flush. I think being lighter and the little extra length will be good, no light strikes since using it but didn't have any with my gen3 Henning pin either

I put it in and I think it was worth the upgrade. When I've used lighter hammer springs sometimes my hammer won't end up flush on the back plate after firing. It's like the FP pushes it back out. I don't wanna cut off too many coils off FP spring either. Put the Gen4 in and the hammer ends up flush. I think being lighter and the little extra length will be good, no light strikes since using it but didn't have any with my gen3 Henning pin either

How long is you FPS?

I am using the EG light FP spring and I took off 2 coils

Hmmm. I may have to try this....

I have used the EG light FP springs and never had to cut any coils off in my Stock II's. I had an extra EG light FP spring and hammer spring so cut 2 off the FP spring and one coil off hammer spring just to see how it'd make the trigger pull weight. It definitely made trigger lighter but I was worried I may get light strikes so I am putting Titan hammer on and along with the longer Gen4 Henning FP, I'm hoping that will counter balance the lighter springs and still give reliability. We'll see once get hammer put in and I put at least 500 rounds thru and if no light strikes then I'll say it's reliable enough to run that setup. Thinking the hammer being heavier and supposedly designed to hit harder that it'll balance it all out:-) Edited by bayougump

Fine balance between 100% ignition and light trigger pull.

I have read that some folks cut their Wolff FPS to 52 mm or number of coils?

I guess we will have to test this process.

Fine balance between 100% ignition and light trigger pull.

I have read that some folks cut their Wolff FPS to 52 mm or number of coils?

I guess we will have to test this process.

Exactly my thoughts. With the Gen4 FP being a tad longer and lighter, I am hopeful that just that little extra will help make it 100% reliable igniting primers