Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

smoothing out my Glock 35

evilbeef54

Hey guys, trying to get the best performance out of my new glock 35. It has a ghost evo elite 3.5 trigger, polished connector and associated parts, reduced power safety plunger spring, polished safety plunger, 6lb trigger spring, lone wolf ss polished guide rod.

I have noticed there seems to be some binding on pulling the slide back, right at the point in the attached picture, right where the front of the slide is flush with the front of the frame there is some binding. Is this normal, is there anything i can do to smooth ot out. It still does it with out the barrel or guide rod installed

20150421_225259.jpg

Edited by evilbeef54

It is binding enough to hold the slide as shown in your photo or are you holding the slide there?

edit: nevermind, i see you have the barrel out of it. Is the front of the frame rubbing the slide? All glocks curve up on the end of the frame. If you google "pig nose" glock you'll see all kinds of people complaining about it. It doesn't hurt anything and the plastic eventually shaves off. Some people use a heat gun to bend the front of the frame down.

Edited by darkvibe

Ok thanks guys. Just trying to get this thing running as smooth as possible. Kinda OCD like that. That and trying to chase down the issue im having with the trigger not fully reseting with the 4# striker spring.

Check your other thread regarding striker spring.

As mentioned above, looking under the slide, is that where the slide is contacting the top part of connector? Is it preventing slide from proper cycling?

I put a 2lb ZevTech race connector in my 34 plus the parts you mentioned except I purchased a rounded titanium safety plunger with light spring. You can try a lighter guide rod spring, I have an 11lb ISMI spring on my 34...see if changing that helps.

Thanks magsz and polymer, it sure is where the side and connector meet/release. I will double check the instructions to check the angle. It doesn't seem to prevent proper cycling. I am just trying to get it to cycle as smooth as possible. And trying to figure out why it wont fully reset the trigger with the 4#. Mostly trying to get it all as smooth and fluid as possible

Does this happen with the factory connector?

With no barrel, no guide rod/recoil spring, it won't be smooth because you are feeling the top of connector contacting the slide. This is normal. It feels like binding since you don't feel the recoil spring tension.

With the pistol completely assembled, does it bind when slide goes rearward or forward?

Rearward, the screw on some guide rods if you are running captured can rub against the bottom hole on slide where the front sight tool is put through.

Just keep in mind that bending the connector to sit closer to the trigger housing block can cause reset issues or kill your reset feel. I dont really care about how the reset "feels" but i do care whether or not the gun is going to function properly and mechanically reset. :)

Good luck!