Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington Versa max or Benelli Super Vinci?

Aimtrue0531

+1 on Mark's idea. Or better yet... get a 24" Super Nova to do it all! :goof: I know, I know... another misguided fan boy...

The 24" SuperNova is my one and only pump gun. I don't need another because it is so awesome. So, file that away when you get a pump action shotgun.

I have a Benelli Super Black Eagle and a Versa Max. I know the SBE is a different beast than the Vinci, but for me, the VM is much nicer to shoot. My SBE seems to have more recoil than my '97 cowboy gun.

I'm going to throw this out too, I also have an FN SLP. The VM feels better in hand than the SLP and shoots just as soft. I know a lot of guys are going the Benelli route, but so far, I really like the VM. There are lots of aftermarket parts available for both of your platforms, and both are excellent choices. Currently, the FN seems to have what it has, and there is not a lot sense putting a lot of money into one.

Daniel Horner uses a Versa Max Tactical that went through the Triangle shooting Sports shop. He seems to do pretty well with it. A lot of the other guys use a TTI M2. I don't know if this is because of the excellent job Taran does marketing in addition to being an older proven platform or what.

I would pick the one you would be most willing to take out and put a hundred rounds through, and don't look back. Learn to load it fast and hit what you're pointing at and have fun.

wg

Should be noted that Daniel Horner uses our Benelli M2.

https://www.facebook.com/danieljhorner/posts/10152641300085983?pnref=story

Roxy, thank you I will pm you, but before I waist anyone's time I would like to lay this out there. Do you guys think I would be worth trying to sell/trade one of my shotguns for am M2 before I start frankensteining and dumping money into the super Vinci? Or is that just a waist and putting me basically right where I am now?

Sell Vinci, get a used m1 or m2, and then send it to get work done on it. If you buy it used, you

A - Save a TON of money because

B - The after market work you do on it is supposed to revamp the whole system. It should be resprung, POA corrected, etc. Benelli lifespan is huge, as well.

The reason many of the pros use M2s are because they're reliable and they're proven.

Edited by TaranTactical

Well I'll be dang Taran! That's even a couple month old post.

BTW, I would never hesitate to send my shotgun to Taran either. Great guy that takes time to answer questions and is a great ambassador for the sport. I talk to Burton Thompson every so often and he loves his TTI Benelli.

wg

Well I'll be dang Taran! That's even a couple month old post.

BTW, I would never hesitate to send my shotgun to Taran either. Great guy that takes time to answer questions and is a great ambassador for the sport. I talk to Burton Thompson every so often and he loves his TTI Benelli.

wg

I should mention that I'm not actually Taran, but I try spend time every day going through Enos and answer questions, find issues people are having, etc.

I wouldn't have a problem selling or trading either one of mine for an M2. Is anyone out there interested? This post should probably be in the classifieds section, but since I am getting such an overwhelming response here I just thought I would ask.