Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

300 blackout 1000 yards

shootsforfun

Never seen a US Optics gi-normous scope on a stubby, $350 rifle! A thousand? Aim really, REALLY high!

Pardon me if I don't shoot my next Palma match with a 300 BLK ;-)

Mark

Edited by redial

Just some quick typing into the Hornady calculator gives the following (kinda hilarious) data: at 1000 yards that 125 grain bullet is doing a whopping 899 FPS, with 810.5 inches of drop with a 100 yard zero. All I can say is wow, that is funny. Kind of impressive really that you could howitzer a round in there like that.

Just some quick typing into the Hornady calculator gives the following (kinda hilarious) data: at 1000 yards that 125 grain bullet is doing a whopping 899 FPS, with 810.5 inches of drop with a 100 yard zero. All I can say is wow, that is funny. Kind of impressive really that you could howitzer a round in there like that.

You want to stand down there and catch it?

I have a load with 168's that only has 550 inches of drop at 1000 and is still north of 950 Fps. I shot it in heavy at a match and did fine with it out to 550. The round isn't totally useless, I think of it as dope practice.

Imagine how short that target looks to a bullet descending from sixty or seventy feet above it! That's the reason velocity spreads are so important to long range shooters.

My two unsolicited cents

Mark

• 2 weeks later...