Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra-Prime Problem

Smitty79

I've looked through 6 or 8 threads on the Vibra-Prime and didn't see this answered. I can't get the tray far enough into the handle to allow a tube to go in and seat in the bottom of the tray. This leads to primer jamming.

I could probably go at it with my Dremel and make it work, but I'd rather see if there's someone else out there who's seen this and fixed it. Any solutions folks?

Capitan Obvious here but are you removing the black end with the attached tube before you are trying to put the primer tray in place? If you don't remove it then it will not go into the handle fully.

I fixed this myself earlier this month. There is too much blue plastic. The manufacturing on this device is complete crap but you can make it work. Take an exacto knife and trim it out until the clear plastic tray will seat in far enough.

I also lightly sandpapered the primer hole on the clear plastic tray and use a plain primer tube without the black insert.

Edited by amokscience

I fixed this myself earlier this month. There is too much blue plastic. The manufacturing on this device is complete crap but you can make it work. Take an exacto knife and trim it out until the clear plastic tray will seat in far enough.

I also lightly sandpapered the primer hole on the clear plastic tray and use a plain primer tube without the black insert.

This was my problem also when I first got it.

Super. I will work on it this evening. An additional plus, I contacted Battenfeld Technologies (Franklin Armory parent company) customer service and they told me to go ahead and mess with it while they send me a new one free of charge.

Super. I will work on it this evening. An additional plus, I contacted Battenfeld Technologies (Franklin Armory parent company) customer service and they told me to go ahead and mess with it while they send me a new one free of charge.

They have super CS. Battenfeld was recently acquired by S&W.