Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm never skipping breakfast again

short_round

Guest Larry Cazes
If you live in the Bay Area and Jim's Coffee Shop still exists in Alameda, they have a breakfast burger that is pretty good (although not humongous, so you might need two).

It has:

1/4 lb hamburger patty

cheese

fried egg

ham steak

on a hoagie bun.

I'd add bacon too.

OK....Now i'm feeling a little sick! :wacko: Stop it already!

It's time for an intervention. Like the kooky weightloss guru says, "Stop the Madness."

Seriously though, if you are concerned about your diet, go to www.nutrawatch.com and create a free account. Track what you eat in the food diary for a couple of days and see exactly what distribution of protein, fat, and carbs your meals are. You may be surprised...or shocked like I was. I can say no to the fried foods but chocolate? It is my true weakness.

In Marina del Rey, CA there is a place called Outlaws.

They sell a 2# burger for somethinh like $22. I've not had one but they do have a 1/2# burger with a sausage & bacon & cheese on top! It is fantastic!

Perhaps lunch on Friday will have to be at the beach............

A mere two pounds? Child's play! It's probably pre-cooked weight too!

I scoff at such a meager challenge!

Actually, a two pound burger would probably put me down for the count for a while. Ten years ago I could have done a couple, but I'm not the boy I used to be!

Hummer's Sports Bar in Amarillo, TX has a big-ass hamburger. I think the beef patty weighs 4 or 5 pounds precooked. IF you eat it in the alotted amount of time it is free. I have seen one person eat it(my best friend). He didn't keep it down! :wacko: I just can't eat like that any more! TXAG