Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 Rear Adj Sight

mwx40x40

Fellow XDM 5.25 owners, how well does your rear adj sight work? I am somewhat displeased with mine. Range of motion is not much and sometimes it moves with a few clicks and sometimes it takes multiple clicks for just a little movement. Almost as if it is stripped out or something. Anyone else experiencing less than expected rear sight adjustments? Is their a good Bo-Mar style replacement out there?

Mine was pretty much zeroed when I got it, and I haven't had much need to change it. It's been so long I don't remember but I believe a couple clicks up or down for elevation, windage was spot on. I've got no complaints.

Mine was zeroed from the factory and even after I dropped it twice on tile floor ( once it landed directly on rear sight so much it dented it, and second time sideways so it scratched it a bit) but still held dead zero, no adjustment needed. I only adjusted it once recently after installing .100 front sight and took me only 1 click to get it back.

Although mine was working with most loads, as I experimented with light and heavy bullets, as well as fast and slow powders,different loads would have different points of impact as would be expected. Elevations adjustments were fine, however windage adjustments not so well. I am just used to 3 or4 clicks changing a couple inches at 25 Yd line. I could turn this one 6 to 8 clicks with no change.

I was just curious if this was common with other 5.25's.

You may have a damaged sight, might be worthwhile to contact Springfield Armory, maybe they could send you a replacement.

I think I will. You can watch the alignment marks on the windage scale while turning the windage screw and nothing happens.