Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Vid - Advice?

Hey guys, I just got a quick GoPro vid of my last match up on Youtube. I was wondering if any seasoned guys on here would dish out some advice on what I can do to improve? You cant hurt my feelings, let me know how it is. Pretty eye opening watching yourself, how you move, transitions, etc...

Thanks

Edited by bradhall

Nice shooting! You're pretty good, don't be too hard on yourself. The only thing I would mention is the stage in the jon boat, I don't know what the rules were for engaging targets, but I would have shot my shotgun on the clays and swingers, emptied it, and then dumped it and took the rest with pistol. You lost a lot of time trying to reload your shotgun there and you're pretty good with a pistol.

Work on shotgun reloads, but otherwise you did pretty well!

In the boat, you could have saved a second or two by not waiting on the clay pigeons. For example, I tend to shoot the popper which engages the clay pigeons on most stages and then move on to nearby static targets and then come back to the clay pigeons when gravity stops them from moving upward.

I just learned this last month and I am new to the sport, so don't bank on my opinions....:).

Another thing I am working on is trying to focus on my first target when changing guns since gun manipulation should be second nature in theory. Seems like a fun match!

• 2 weeks later...

You're looking good bro. You just need a multi colored shirt with family run businesses. Bonus points for having multi colored pants and an I'm too good to talk to you attitude. Seriously though everything you do is just going to get faster with time. If you're going to rock shorts a quick pair of velcro knee pads helps out a lot with getting up and down. I've given the same advice to some of my dates.

JF

Looked good to me.

1 thing I MIGHT be able to suggest: The first stage your kneeling position didn't seem super strong. Depending on how hard the targets were, you may have been able to benefit from a reverse kneeling position. Right knee up- right elbow on knee.

Like I said, hard to say from what we could see but maybe an idea to try out sometime.

Thanks guys. I agree, shotgun loading needs to take a step up. Should get better going from that 1100 to my new Versa Max done by Triangle. Yes! I should have brought my knee up for elbow brace, thanks, have watched this a lot and still not picked that up. Thanks again guys.