Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front sight height

jarvis243

I want to change my front sight out on my match. Any recommendations? I don't mind the rear sight. What height should I get? Also when your slide is locked open and you slam a full mag in does your slide automatically close with out hitting the slide lock? My slide will close and I have never had that before.

If your gun shoots where you want it to in terms of elevation get the same height. Just be aware that different sight manufacturers measure sights differently. Some start from the top of the slide, others from the bottom of the sight dovetail. I prefer an aprox. .100" wide front sight with a green fiber. In regards to the slide release, that is common and some (myself included) prefer it. My glock 34 did it from the factory, my CZ required a little filing on the slide stop. It can be a sign of a weak slide stop spring, worn slide stop or slide notch. Or just what your gun likes to do. If it functions fine otherwise (locks back on empty mags, feeds OK, etc) don't worry about it.

I just installed a 180H from Dawson on Stock 3 - love it.

Had the 160 before and could glimpse a little of the slide. 180 with a green fiber give me a cleaner picture.

Will mount same on Stock 2

Edited by AlphaSeeker

I'm guessing if you cover your target you want the .160, if you want the POI at the top of the blade then use the .180. But I shoot with the POI at the top of the blade and run a .180, so I don't know how the .160 guys shoot. That is with the Super Sight.

On the Match the .160 is closer to what you want with the stock rear. I think Henning's new fixed rear is taller so you can run the .180.

Edited by Nealio