Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry Miculek's S&W Action Job - DVD

Glock34Guy83

Does anyone have this DVD? And has anyone followed the information and how did the action job turn out?

I'm thinking about buying this and giving it a shot. Unless anyone is not using it anymore and wants to send it to me.

I have it and recommend it for people new to S&W action jobs. It won't get you into the league of Randy Lee at Apex, but it's a good foundation that will result in an improved action that will still be very reliable.

I bought it and followed what he said to do on a old LE trade in S&W 10. Turned out much better than I expected, I'm way more than pleased with the results.

Screwdrivers, a buffing wheel and a couple of small fine needle files and a modified needle file with a deadened edge are all he really mentions. I used a dremel for the buffing wheel. It worked fine. Trigger pull scale might be helpful, but is not necessary. Most of the real work is with the stone. The majority of the video is in going over what surfaces to stone and why. Highly recommended if you don't have any experience inside a revolver.

Doh, just as I posted this I remembered, a pair of small wire cutters will help with trimming a spring he recommends cutting down.

Edited by afoulk