Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tier ? And SSP?

gary2232

Two questions tier levels for matches, I know tier 1 is club level but what is the difference as you go from 2 to 5? And where can I finf the rules that give the details for legal guns for there divisions. Like mag release button sizes? At the state matches they check for more than I see in rule books?

The equipment rules are the same for all tier level matches. You might get by with more stuff at the club level but that doesn't make it any more legal. The larger matches will check ammo power and equipment, usually the gun to make sure it fits in the box.

8.1.6.4 An extended magazine release button may not be oversize in diameter or protrude more than 0.2” (5.1 mm) out from the frame. The measurement is taken at the rear most part of the magazine release, where it exits the frame. When the magazine release area is recessed into the grip frame, the grip frame to the rear of the recess is used as the base of the measurement.

You can have an extended mag button but not a larger one.

The Tier descriptions start on page 59 of the new rule book from the link above.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of additional work for the match organizers as the tier levels go up, but not much benefit to the shooters.

We ran a tier 3 last year, and about the only difference between a 3 and a 4 is that we'd have to add one more staff member per shooting location. We have 30+ certified SOs already, and I didn't see any benefit to getting ten more.

There's a lot of additional work for the match organizers as the tier levels go up, but not much benefit to the shooters.We ran a tier 3 last year, and about the only difference between a 3 and a 4 is that we'd have to add one more staff member per shooting location. We have 30+ certified SOs already, and I didn't see any benefit to getting ten more.

i shoot that match, it was great looking forward to going back this year. You coming out to Sacramento for the tier 4 match? 200 rounds. Kinda expensive at 175.00 but lunch and shirt included.