Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jumped in with both feet!

WOOHOO!! So proud of this 'ol gal! (turning 50 this year)

I have only been shooting for, seriously shooting with a focus, for 6 months. I joined a few fun leagues at my local range and the fever began. Without knowing anyone or knowing much more than safe firearm handling I shot my first USPSA shoot yesterday!

OMG!!!!! How insanely fun is that!!!??? My goal was to stay safe, don't worry about the time, and to not be DQ'd!

SUCCESS!!!

Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Now time do do some shopping for belts, holsters and stuff!

This girl is hooked!

Congrats on your first match. USPSA is a lot of fun but I enjoy shooting in general. Good luck with your search for new gear that is also part of the fun, but you may want to shoot for a while before deciding. If you give it some time you will get to see what others are using and what interests you.

Congrats!! I started shooting at the ripe young age of 65 and now do it all at 71. I 'm a Canadian "Snowbird" and so have two seasons for all the fun that's available. I shoot Steel Challenge, IPSC, Tactical Pistol, shotgun and Carbine and my latest adventure has been 3Gun.

As far as accessories go, I have five differently equipped belts as I shoot with four or five different guns depending on the event and how I feel. I'd have to say that 3Gun is my favourite but that's only because it includes elements from everything else I do.

One thing that doesn't get enough mention is the wonderful fellowship in the shooting sports. Competition is whatever you want it to be. Like you my priority is to stay safe followed by having fun. The fellowship covers it all and I have lots of friends in both countries.

My latest buzz comes from fixing and modifying guns in a small way. I didn't know one end from the other six years ago and I'll now take on a trigger job and at least understand all the spring magic one can play.

It's a great life so welcome aboard. Bt the way, shooting is a great leveler so the gals do great and I'm still hanging in at an age when most sports would have me buried.

Gord

Congratulations. I'll be at this 4 years in April and am having a ball at 62 years old. Shoot several matches week and have completed CRO training so I'm "really" in. I'm going to be fully retired in May so I imagine I'll be volunteering for more stuff. The wife is relieved that I have USPSA because she doesn't want me around the house too much. LOL

Congratulations. I'll be at this 4 years in April and am having a ball at 62 years old. Shoot several matches week and have completed CRO training so I'm "really" in. I'm going to be fully retired in May so I imagine I'll be volunteering for more stuff. The wife is relieved that I have USPSA because she doesn't want me around the house too much. LOL

One of my clubs in Canada has a club house that has all the feel of an old time tavern but without the bar. Salvaged furniture, a big TV , piles of magazines and a lunch counter. What more could a shooter want?

One of my clubs in Canada has a club house that has all the feel of an old time tavern but without the bar. Salvaged furniture, a big TV , piles of magazines and a lunch counter. What more could a shooter want?

A fireplace, lots of wood and no black flies from what I remember about living in Vermont. :-)

Yep, Black Flies are a treat but they aren't common in most places. Vermont has other nasties too including deer flies and ticks. You have to remember that Canada is a huge place so the variety of pests differs from place to place just as in the US. We don't have too many poisonous snakes or other treats like some of your desert areas. I was in an ER with my wife in AZ one time when they brought in a kid with a scorpion sting. Not good