Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Lock N Load Help - Houston

I bought a used Hornady Lock N Load and I am having trouble getting it set up. I have reloaded rifle calibers for years on a single stage press but I am lost with this press. I have tried watching youtube videos but hey have been no help. Is there anyone in the Houston area using the Lock N Load that I could pay to help me set this thing up? I have a portable reloading stand so i can bring the press to you.

Call Hornady while you are at the press and have them walk you through it.

What, exactly, is the problem?

Shell plate not rotating properly? Is it loose or too tight? Do you need to adjust the timing for indexing?

Primers not seating? Are you pushing reasonably hard on the upstroke? You may need a shim that goes between the shell plate and the sub-plate. They also have a new design for the primer seating stem part.

Not picking up primers? is the cam rod bent out of its proper position or is the small black "cap" at the top of the cam rod/press cracked? Hornady will send a new cam rod and plastic "cap."

Other problems some have had include not having all the right primer components installed or having the wrong powder measure rotor (pistol or rifle) installed for the powder charge being thrown.

Edited by noylj

Google for "HORNADY LNL-AP SET UP HINTS AND TRICKS"

A video series by Bill Morgan AKA 76Highboy.

A great set by step video guide.

Bill is real down to earth and easy to listen to.

Video series is well worth the time spent watching.

He has many videos.

Videos cover all the different press systems from

Cleaning and lubing to Pawl adjustments, Powder Measure, Primer System adjustments,

Die Set up, Shell Plate set up

Edited by moonman16