Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HAP 125gr vs ZERO 125gr conical

Peplow530

I am new to reloading and have only worked out one load so far. It is a Hornady 125gr HAP bullet with 4.6gr of CFE with COL at 1.062. I am thinking of switch to a ZERO 125gr conical bullet since they are a bit cheaper.

Has anyone switched from one to the other and found performance to be about the same? Was your load data pretty similar or a whole different recipe? The HAP diameter is .356 and the Zero is .355, is that .001 really enough to change much performance?

Thanks

The 125 HAP seems to shoot better than the Zero 125 roundnose HP in my AP gun, but there is no difference between the HAP and the new 125 Zero Comp bullet.

+1. Zero changed the ogive on the HAP to keep away from patent infringement, but otherwise they are the same bullets for accuracy.

Alan~^~

The 125 HAP seems to shoot better than the Zero 125 roundnose HP in my AP gun, but there is no difference between the HAP and the new 125 Zero Comp bullet.

+1. Zero changed the ogive on the HAP to keep away from patent infringement, but otherwise they are the same bullets for accuracy.

Alan~^~

Thanks for the input

Edited by Peplow530

I got some 115gr HAP's on sale to try. They are .355 and my intended use was for a Colt .38 Super. Of all the bullets I've tried they have been the most accurate. Most of the other bullets have been .356

So, in my Colt, the .355 diameter has not been an issue