Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II – 9mm (CZ Custom)

Just4FunLP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was shooting a XDM 5.25 with some really nice trigger work but it is just a night and day difference between it and the new shadow target ll I picked up. I was glad to pick up a gun that didn't need any work, don't get me wrong I love to work on guns but this gun out of the box was a dream. I did a little spring work to adjust to my load but that's it, and it just runs like a dream and was worth the cost. Bottom line just have fun and enjoy whatever you shoot, but my shadow still has me grinning from ear to ear after many months.

Well, I've tried to write an excruciatingly long post about receiving my new Accu Shadow for the second time, and failed miserably. I somehow hit the wrong button and its lost fervor.

In summary... The dang thing is accurate, and my old XDM with my crappy home trigger job and over 70,000 rounds through it was really getting worn out. It wasn't grouping well at all. Still a good reliable gun, but it couldn't group well, and the trigger was pretty good, but it's nothing like the Accu. I started the Accu with 25yd head shots, and with a little warm-up I got four shots touching without a lot of effort. When you see the sight on target, just put a little pressure on the trigger and the bullet goes where the sights say it should go. This is something I could only dream about in the past. Now there is no more worries about all that extra trigger manipulation, just touch the trigger and it goes bang. Unfortunately I now occasionally make one go bang before I want it to. The mag changes have always been a disappointment XDM. I would practice and practice, and never could get consistent mag change. During some of my faster drills with the CZ I would go to jam a mag in and it slid right in every time. I almost didn't know what to do next. Unfortunately there aren't many holes in the mags to check the quantity. It wont be a big deal during a match, but I tend to constantly count my rounds during practice. Also, the inner ridges that keep the case away from the side of the mag only go to round 6 or 7 creating a situation where small amounts of sand will cause a malfunction. Perhaps someone has some advice on this...

The safety is another issue. It's pretty useless for USPSA Production, and I tend to get my weak hand too close to the safety lever and I actually jammed it up pretty bad. I'll really have to get some dry-fire done in a hurry.

Lastly the HAJO sights. I need to adjust the drift 0.014" to move my hits about 2 inches to the right. I removed the set screws and tapped it with a aluminum punch, and they really don't want to move. That's when I decided to write this. Is it just the Loctite they used in the setscrew holes? How much framming am I going to have to do? I hate to punk down another $90 for a pusher.

Long story short. It's definitely a more complicated gun to start with. I wouldn't go with one of these as a beginner. The trigger, lowering the hammer, needing to be careful with the safety, and all the other stuff would be a bit much compared to the XDM. I know I have to change a lot to make this thing work, but now it's all about me. No question, If I miss, it's my fault....

Edited by Just4FunLP

• 2 weeks later...

Just4funlp

I read your posts and unless I missed it, you didn't mention receiving instruction. With all due respect, if you are shooting and practicing as much as you say....it's on you and not your equipment. You may be practicing mistakes and building muscle memory that re-enforces those mistakes. Please spend some money on getting professional instruction. A good instructor can tell you in 15 minutes what you are doing wrong. Professional athletes have coaches for a reason. I hope you don't take this wrong...its only my honest observation.

(I am not a coach and a very average pistol shooter)

No doubt, I need instruction. Was planning to take a class in Frostproof about now, but I think it was important for me to replace my gun. It's put a hurtin on my budget though. I'm still getting familiar with the new gun, but it's getting better every time I pick it up. It is very different than my XDM. I finally got my grips worked out and it's a huge improvement. Just need to keep focusing in the DA thing, and gently placing my finger on the trigger as I'm coming around for those SA shots. It's a lot of fun.

The gun and ammo ran pretty rough the first 500 - 1000 rounds, but seems to be getting better now. Unfortunately I damaged the safety mechanism and it's on it's way back for repair now. Hope they get it back to me before the holidays. I plan to do a lot of shooting.

I'm very anctious to have someone get me pointed in a clear direction on all the various techniques. I'm still a little confused over some things, and I look forward to learning which direction to go, and focusing doing it right every time. It's quite a journey, and I love every shot, good or bad.