Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why does the Daniel defense lightweight barrel get no love

Chrisdunn

I still have one. Shot it for about 2 years. Its on my limited gun now.

Mine might be different- its the pencil .625 from a few years ago.

I cant tell you about group size but never had a problem out to 400 on MGM flashers or Larues ( other than me that is)

I am also interested in the accuracy reviews of DD barrels. DD introduced their 3 gun model at shot this year. Its the V11 Pro with their 18" S2W barrel. Just curious if that would be a contender for a 3 gun rifle. MSRP is $1849 so the street price should be around $1400-$1500.

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v11-pro.html

ETA: typos!!!! and link added

Edited by mkink

Why heavier recoil??? Just trying to understand.

A lot of people are running rifle length gas systems with reduced weight carriers/buffers to reduce the recoil impulse. The DD barrel has a midlength with a large gas port to facilitate reliability in heavy buffer/carrier combos. You can add an adjustable gas block to reduce this, but IMO its still not as soft as a comparable 18" rifle gas gun.

If you are wondering if it is fine for shooting 3 gun, dont worry, it is.

I have owned 3 full DD manufactured rifles. 2 of them were 300 blackout and one 556. I was not happy with any of them and sold each one at a small loss.

This does not answer your barrel question but I can tell you that I have owned a 556 Lancer Competition and a Core 15 and both of them are more accurate and reliable than the DD.

I guess my point is that you may want to look at other manufacturers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I basically have the DDM4 V7LW but with the 14.5" barrel and the Geissele® Super Semi-Automatic (SSA®) Trigger. I have the Burris FastFire 3 red dot on it. I absolutely love this rifle!!! I have only had the chance to use it at local 3Gun matches. These matches have targets at no more than 100 yards.

* https://danieldefense.com/firearms/mid-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v7-lw.html

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:D

Edited by szhttm